- Strain Name: Supreme Gelato
- Breeder: Marty hand pollinates dominant males with dominant females every year
- Height: Approx 9 feet in 6×6″ raised planter bed
- Weight (yield): Approx 5lbs
- Flowering time in days: sungrown season
- Sativa/Indica/Ruderalis/etc. ratio: Indica dominant hybrid. Prior to moving to California, Marty worked at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens located in Miami, Florida. He was employed in the seed department there & was easily able to transfer his knowledge of hand pollination techniques & breeds for potency. Supreme seeds from Cannabis Culture magazine in 2000 (super skunk #1 x northern lights #4) x Church seeds from B-Real / Cypress Hill in 2007 (Bubba Kush x OG Kush) x Jet Fuel Gelato seeds from Compound Genetics 2020
- Taste (burned and unburned): Gassy on the front end but smooth finish
- Scent (burned / unburned): Gassy, sweet, earthy, skunky funk Terpenes (top 3) beta- caryophellene, limonene, alpha-bisabolol
- What the dried bud/crumbled bud looks like: Sticky tight med-sized nugs, needs a grinder
- Speed of high onset: Immediate
- Duration of high: Long lasting, may need a nap
- Quality/type of high: Heavy duty
- Medicinal qualities: Pain relief, calming anti-depressant, sedative
Supreme has been the baseline of cultivars at Martyjuana for 20 years. In our very 1st year as medical patients in California our friend & mentor, Mark Chapman, shared 15 Supreme plants with us grown from seeds he ordered from Cannabis Culture magazine and sent from Canada. One of them was male & that was the beginning of the road for our cannabis breeding project.
The Church seeds were gifted by a confidential LA source whose warehouses stored rock band equipment, including at the time Melissa Etheridge, Guns & Roses & Cypress Hill, among others. Smoking the Church blew us away, this indica-heavy cross was the best high we’d had since encountering the Supreme.
At a seed swap in 2020, Marty lucked into Jet Fuel Gelato as well as Blueberry Octane seeds from Compound Genetics. Both quickly became house favorites!! Bred originally for indoor rooms, but they showed their versatility & strength in our sungrown garden. And their potent fire can be felt immediately while smoking in our glass bowl. Tall sturdy plants & big sticky stinky buds, those guys are creating powerful hybrid genetics.
We were able to cross a Supreme Church male into Jet Fuel Gelato females for these Supreme Gelato funky flowers.
Marty Clein is a longtime cannabis consumer, and seed breeder, and strives to be a top-notch cultivator. Marty has since transitioned from growing in the medical model for a collective of patients to obtaining a commercial cultivation license in Mendocino County, CA. He’s learned quickly that he must be all things from seed to sale as a small farm. Marty has always been an entrepreneur, owning various small businesses. While it seems like a natural step, nothing could have prepared him for the chaos of California’s cannabis industry. He focuses on producing the best medicine he can. He was a Featured Farm in Ed Rosenthal’s recent “Cannabis Grower’s Handbook” & he was an Ambassador for the 2022 California State Fair’s first-ever Cannabis Exhibition.
Laura Clein, once upon a time worked as a recreational therapist in retirement communities and an event coordinator on college campuses. She was in graduate school for an MSW at the University of Southern California and wrote a paper for a Social Policy class on medical marijuana in 1996. Although she lives with chronic pain and a complex debilitating illness for many years, she & Marty have created a lifestyle that works. She writes many articles and manages social media. She is proud to be patient #1 at Martyjuana™ & she says often, “Thank goodness, cannabis helps.”
Follow on social media:
Martyjuana on FB
@martyjuanafarms on IG
Laura Clein once upon a time worked as a recreational therapist in retirement communities and an event coordinator on college campuses. While in graduate school for an MSW at the University of Southern California she wrote a term paper for a Social Policy class on medical marijuana in 1996. Although now disabled and living with complex chronic illness for many years, she, alongside her husband, Marty, has created a lifestyle that works. Laura is proud to be patient #1 at Martyuana™ and often says, "Thank goodness, cannabis helps."