Silver Header Adreserve your ad here
Gold Header Adreserve your ad here
Four generations of women-owned and operated Heartland Farms is a USDA-certified industrial hemp farm in Northern Colorado- about 30 minutes away from Cheyenne, WY. They cultivate boutique hemp for consumption using regenerative farming methods. Their commitment is to remain transparent, compassionate, ethical, and fair. Heartland Farms believes that hemp can revolutionize the world, and they are here for the movement. Spending time with the farm and the family, I saw this passion early on.
Recently, Heartland Farms launched a line of apoptogenic mushroom products that include plants/fungi like:
- Red Clover: estrogen booster
- American Ginseng: decrease hot flashes
- Shitake: immune system function and fertility
- Cordyceps: supports kidneys, immune systems, and sexual health
- Chaga: supports decreased inflammation
- Lion’s Mane: supports nerve and cognition health
I had the pleasure of staying with the family to get to know them, and their 80 acres of land nurtured by the grace of femininity, supported by the love of family, and kissed by the sun. In this place, grandma, mom, daughter, granddaughter- all a part of the process that plants the seed, grow the flower, and creates the products known as the Heartland Farms product line.
Heartland Farms believes that hemp can revolutionize the world, and they are here for the movement. Spending time with the farm and the family, I saw this passion early on, and so, when they told me about their CBD and Mushroom blend product line, I had to get the scoop.
About Heartland Farms: CBD and Mushroom Blends
“After our grandma was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease, we became consumed with information that showed how some women experience side effects of menopause may increase the risk for memory loss later in life. As a matriarchal family/business full of caregivers, we knew there had to be a better way to deal with the side effects of peri/menopause in order to improve brain health. Something better than a prescription. Something to help us recall our most precious memories.” – Heartland Farms
As noted above, Heartland Farms has blended powerful plants and fungi, for ultimate healing benefits, in various areas of the body. It’s no secret that nature provides the best medicine and so, creating blends that will naturally contribute toward physical and mental healing makes total sense. Below is insight into each category and blend.
Medicinal Mushroom Blend: Balance- For Menopause Symptoms
- Red Clover: a natural estrogen booster for the female body
- American GinsengK: may decrease hot flashes
- CBD: brings the body back to homeostasis (balance)
- Shiitake contains Selenium: a mineral that is essential to cognitive and immune system function and fertility
Medicinal Mushroom Blend: Dream- Supports Healthy Sleep Cycles
- L-theanine: increases Alpha frequency in the brain. This signals that it is time to wind down with no drowsy effect.
- Passion Flower: boosts levels of GABA (gammaaminobutyric acid) which reduces brain activity naturally.
- CBN (Cannabinol): reduces pain and inflammation in the body, which relaxes the body to engage in the sleep cycle.
Medicinal Mushroom Blend: Immune Support- Boosts Immune System
- Elderberry: may stimulate the immune system via cytokine production.
- Cordyceps mushrooms: promote the activation of the immune system (especially respiratory function). They are high in B vitamins, support kidney function, and promote sexual health.
- CBD (Cannabidiol): supports the body’s ability to protect itself in cases of overactive immune system (autoimmune disorders).
Medicinal Mushroom Blend: Memory- For Brain Health
- Chaga Mushrooms: may reduce the production of cytokines (markers for inflammation).
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom: increase the release of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) in the hippocampus, which supports nerve health and cognition. Also may regenerate damaged nerves.
- CBD (Cannabidiol) facilitates neurogenesis (regrowth of new nerves).
Heartland Farms does its part to educate the community on the power of hemp and mushroom healing. Through them, the baby boomer generation has had access to valuable insight and product sampling. It doesn’t stop there. They are also active and in regular attendance at farmers’ markets and local events educating the community. They do the work that our government fails to do- educate! Their voice is needed to advance natural remedies.
Feature Photo Credit: Author
More from Veronica Castillo: www.veetravelingvegcannawriter.com